A long time ago, I had three little children with a range of allergies, skin sensitivities, dietary intolerances and other health problems. The doctor gave us options that helped the symptoms a bit but didn’t really make the problems go away so I decided to try a different approach.
I developed my first recipe, the calendula cream, after much reading and gardening. The recipe worked so well for our skin that I continued to read on the topic of natural healing and began to experiment with other recipes and ingredients.
The result? A family with fewer itches and a better sense of the balance nature can provide for each of us … and the idea that I could share this with others.
I believe that:
- if you can’t pick it, dig it up or capture it, it isn’t natural
- if you can smell it, it’s in your bloodstream
- if it’s on your skin, it’s also in your bloodstream
- natural means natural, not safe
- natural and naturally sourced are not the same thing
- when natural living is about reclaiming your true place in the natural world, the healing and balance take care of themselves